The Canvas Cabin
This Canvas Cabin’s design is well suited for the fixed camp. Its roominess is not to be estimated by the ground dimensions alone. Having a steep roof with translucent walls makes the Canvas Cabin feel much larger than its ground dimensions.
The Canvas Cabin lends itself well for personal use or for a starter camp looking to expand by creating a "cluster" of rentable tent cabins. This could turn into an ever-expanding business for you.
The wall and roof canvas, having a translucent nature, adds to the sensation of the outdoors while being inside. With the glow coming from the burning lamps, the Canvas Cabin will certainly illuminate the pitch-dark woods.
The Canvas Cabins 45-degree sloped roof quickly sheds the weather, with an extra heavy-duty polyethylene canopy tarp allows you to enjoy the Canvas Cabin year-round too!
For Two to Five Tent Cabins Receive a 5% Discount.
PRICE: 10' x 12' CANVAS CABIN $ 4,500.00 FOB / ORIGIN.
(prices are subject to change)
50% Deposit required, remaining amount upon invoice.
General Specifications include:
Blue-print and material list for building the base platform and deck platform. Platforms (not included).
- Nominal 2x4 and 2x6 pre-cut tent cabin kit with a 45-degree roof slope and five-foot sidewalls. Construction grade / framing lumber of spruce, pine, or fir. With fasteners and rough openings provided for door and window. Door and window not included.
- Nominal 1" x 12" all ready-cut knee wall boards and 1" x 2" batten strips.
- Canvas ceiling and wall panels: 10.10oz. 100% cotton army duck multi-purpose fire retardant and water repellent canvas. The Sunforger finish adds an extra layer of protection from moisture and mildew.
- Extra heavy-duty tan 12-mil, 6 oz. polyethylene canopy tarp.
- Platform drawings with our standard deck, and assembly drawings included.
General Information: For the "Canvas Cabin" I recommend that the buyer brings to the assembly, a skilled carpenter or two assuming the buyer has no carpentry skills.
Basic tools required are tape measure, cordless drills, clamps, level, stapler and saw. Because my tent cabins are merely canvas stretched over wood framing, they are not engineered and cannot be snow load or wind rated. However, here in Northeast Wisconsin, I have been able to enjoy my tent cabins all four seasons.